Tuesday, August 25, 2009

He Made it!

Well it is official! Dan has made it safely to Monrovia and started working today. I have decided that Skype is my new BFF because we get to actually see each other and talk all for FREE!!! Dan told me that poverty is very present and that the poorest people live pretty much right on the road so they don't have to go far to beg for money. The "middle class" live in cement block houses that have tin roofs which here would be top of the line, in Monrovia they are pieces of tin that are laid over the top of the house and not bolted down so when it rains it is probably VERY wet inside. It really makes you think about all the things that we complain about and makes me very grateful for everything I do have. Dan does have Internet at the hotel and a restaurant that serves "excellent pizza" according to him which is his favorite food so I guess I don't have to worry about him starving without my cooking. He should be moving into our apartment later this week which is good. I will update when I have more information. TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment